Leadership Presence: Making an Impression on Zoom plus Coaching
With more and more of us interacting with clients and co-workers via Zoom or another video platform, it can be difficult to project the presence needed to lead others and to be seen as confident and competent. Leadership Presence: Making an Impression on Zoom provides evidence-based and practice-proven techniques and tips for establishing and maintaining leadership presence.
TRAINING FOR? JUST YOU OR YOUR ENTIRE TEAM
This Leadership Presence: Making an Impression on Zoom online course is designed for you to be seen by others as a capable leader, even from a distance. Demonstrate to perspective employers, or those above you in the organization, that you have what it takes to lead remotely.
For those who manage others, this training can be to a valuable part of your onboarding program for new hires or professional development efforts for your existing workforce.
This powerful learning experience will help you and your team make a lasting impression, whether they are meeting with prospective customers or working with current clients through Zoom and other video conferencing platforms.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THIS TRAINING
I have been amazed at the level of improvement and the feedback we have gotten from participants in this program. It is such a small investment relative to the return. I highly recommend technology organizations consider this for both their budding and seasoned leaders.
Founder, CEO, & Chief Cloud Strategist
Blue Sentry Cloud
The course includes five lesson and an optional package of follow-up, individual coaching sessions.
- An Introduction to Leadership Presence. This lesson provides an overview of what leadership presence is. Participants are also provided with a Leadership Presence Self-Assessment available only through this program.
- The Basics. This lesson covers topics like lighting, camera positioning/framing, background, maintaining attention and engagement, and personal appearance.
- All the World’s a Stage (including Your Computer Screen). This lesson helps participants learn how to engage others by making the best use of the computer screen’s “real estate.”
- Effective Gestures and Body Language for Video Communication. Body language and use of one’s hands while communicating via video conference is slightly different than when face-to-face with others. This lesson helps participants learn effective ways to use their body to enhance their message.
- Vocal Techniques to Engage Others. In this lesson, participants learn to use variety on volume, pitch, pace, and timbre to make the words they speak seem confident, authentic, and conversational.
Optional Follow-Up Coaching.
This optional Follow-Up Coaching component includes two 30-minute coaching sessions with one of our experts.
To prepare for the first coaching session, participants will be provided with “Personal Introduction Canvas” they will use to craft a personal introduction they can use on sales calls, project-launch meetings, or any other occasions they need to make a great first impression on Zoom. They will “workshop” their introductions with one of our experts, practicing the tips and techniques covered in the course. Although the coaching session focuses on improving personal introductions, the skills developed and the knowledge gained will be applicable for any video communication occasion.
The second coaching session will be scheduled two weeks after the first, so the participant can field test what they’ve learned. They will share their experiences in this second coaching session and do any needed fine tuning with their coach.
Participants are provided with written and video materials that can be used as reminders and refreshers of the content covered in the workshop. They will have access to these material for a full year.
This program was designed Scott Hutcheson, PhD. Scott is a professor of organizational leadership at Purdue University in the Department of Technology Leadership & Innovation. He also is the founder of Hutcheson Associates. Scott works with both seasoned and emerging technology leaders as they guide their teams and organization toward growth, innovation, and increased competitive advantage.