On Stages for Ages!
Scott Hutcheson has spent well over 10,000 hours on stages. Now he's ready to spend some time on yours!
From White House summits and international conferences to local theaters and university classrooms, Scott Hutcheson has been on a lot of stages over the past 40 years. He's worked with thousands of leaders from 147 different countries helping them tackle the complex challenges faced by their organizations, their communities, and our planet. We would love to chat with you about how Scott might add value as a speaker at your next event.
About Scott Hutcheson
Scott Hutcheson has spent well over 10,000 hours on stages. He studied theatre in college, acting in or directing hundreds of plays and musicals in his 20s. Then he got a gig teaching engineers improv! Thirty years and one PhD later, he’s still standing on stages and in university classrooms. Scott is a professor of organizational leadership at Purdue University in the Department of Technology Leadership and Innovation. He’s also an author and speaker. His latest book, Strategic Doing: Ten Skills for Agile Leadership (Wiley) hit #1 in six different Amazon categories. Scott performs stand-up comedy occasionally, as the faculty advisor of the student-run Purdue Stand-Up Comedy Club. Scott has given keynotes and led workshops on stages all over the world. His Ted Talk on the Science of Prospection has been viewed more than 1.3 million times. The focus of all his work is on helping leaders manage the complexities of human and organizational performance. Scott's audiences always walk away from his talks entertained, informed, and equipped with evidence-based, practice-proven insights and tools to achieve greater levels of human and organizational performance.
Scott donates a portion of his speaking revenue to youth theatre programs
These are three of the topics Scott is asked to talk about the most. Each can be delivered as a 40-minute keynote. They can also be covered in interactive, skill-building workshop. Keynotes and workshops can be customized and delivered in person or virtually.
Zig Zag Leadership: Navigate Confidently in an Uncertain World
Answering the questions: “where are we going?” and “how will we get there?” has never been more difficult. The landscape is shifting beneath our feet and the future could unfold in countless ways. We need new tools and frameworks designed specifically for agility and adaptation. In this keynote Scott provides leaders with a set of simple rules for bobbing and weaving their way to higher performance for our organizations and communities.
The Hipster, the Hustler, and the Hacker: Your Talent Trifecta for Growth and Innovation
Seventy percent of growth and change initiatives fail and one of the biggest reasons has to do with not having the right team in place. How your team thinks will be as important as what they know. In this keynote Scott introduces you to the three talent profiles, that together, will make up your dream team. He also shows you how to find them and keep them.
Virtuoso Performance: Taking Your Organization from Band Camp to Carnegie Hall
Every organization is capable of virtuoso-like performance; but few rise to that level. When cellist Yo-Yo Ma read an advanced copy of Scott’s book Strategic Doing: Ten Skills for Agile Leadership he enthusiastically agreed to write the forward. Why? Because the best music and the best organizations have a lot in common. In this keynote, Scott distills key lessons from virtuosos like Yo-Yo that can lead to great performance in our teams, organizations, and communities.
The following are some of Scott’s speaking engagements from the last few years.
- Agile Business Conference 2019. London.
- Amgen Biotechnology. Brede, The Netherlands.
- Annual Conference of the Society of Business, Industry, & Economics. Destin, FL.
- Australia New Zealand Regional Science Association International, Christchurch, New Zealand
- British Columbia Economic Development Association. Nelson, BC.
- Coaching Partners International, Anthrop. Belgium.
- Department of Opportunity and Employment Services, Washington, DC.
- Economic Development for Front-Line Professionals, Ball State University, Indianapolis, IN.
- Fields Forward Annual Conference, Creston, BC.
- Florida Atlantic University. Boca Raton, FL
- Florida Research Development Association, Orlando, FL
- Fraunhofer IAO Research and Development Management Conference, Stuttgart, Germany.
- George H. W. Bush Foundation for U.S.-China Relations. Houston, TX.
- Human Insight, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Indiana University Integrated Program in the Environment. Bloomington, IN.
- International Economic Development Council. Indianapolis, IN.
- National Outreach Scholarship Conference, East Lansing, MI.
- National Planning Conference of the American Planning Association in New Orleans, LA.
- Northwest Indiana Defense Industry Association Annual Mega Conference. Fort Wayne, IN.
- Open: Annual Gathering for Practitioners of Technology Entrepreneurship in Higher Education. Portland, OR.
- Presbytery of Wabash Valley. Rochester, IN.
- Rural Nevada Leadership Summit. Reno, NV.
- Rural Policy Leadership Institute, Dallas, TX.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – ALSAC, Memphis, TN
- Selkirk College Conference on Workforce Development. Nelson, BC.
- Solent University, Southampton, UK.
- Stanford Pathways to Innovation Program, Phoenix, AZ.
- Stanford University & National Science Foundation Workshop, Phoenix, AZ.
- University Economic Development Association. Milwaukee, WI.
- University of Alaska Symposium on Economic Development, Valdez, AK
- University of Southern Queensland, Hervey Bay, Australia.
- Vlerick Business School, Brussels, Belgium.
- White House Summit on Auto Communities. Washington, DC.
- White House/Brookings Institution Auto Communities Working Group. Washington, DC.
- Wilson Park TEDx, Florence, AL.
Scott is a brilliant speaker and thinker. He has a knack for communicating complicated and original ideas in a very simple and relatable way. A joy for both the audience and the event planner.
Kristen Mashburn, Lead Organizer
TEDx, Wilson Park | Florence, Alabama
We’ve worked with Scott on many occasions and he’s helped us to create meaningful and powerful customer engagements here in Europe. Scott has a unique natural talent to tell stories and connect with the audience.
Sebastian Hamers, CEO
Human Insight | The Hague, Netherlands
Scott is an enlightening, engaging speaker who knows his audience and communicates with wisdom of experience, the humility of a leader addressing other leaders in rapidly changing times, and with good humor and hope.
Rev. Jennifer Burns Lewis, Visioning & Connecting Leader
Presbytery of Wabash Valley | Rochester, Indiana
We co-created with Scott to bring a timely virtual workshop to our community during the height of the pandemic. Scott was so easy to work with and delivered a compelling experience for our members.
Charles Ross, CEO
International Business Innovation Association | Atlanta, GA
All of Dr. Hutcheson's lectures are like episodes of Phineas and Ferb. Each one is different and they are all great!"
Purdue Engineering Student
© 2024 Scott Hutcheson